Thursday, March 22, 2012

School Term-break - Kidzania Kuala Lumpur



Each school holidays will have me thinking up activities for my kid to fill up his time with fun and learning experience. I’m sure most parents do that too. 


And, we found just the one last week – at Kidzania, Kuala Lumpur!









(Kidzania,Kuala Lumpur)


Kids get to experience adult’s world in a mini kids-city with some familiar brands to relate to such as Air Asia, TM, KPJ Healthcare, Nippon Paint, Honda, CIMB Bank, BP, Hitz FM and Sony to name a few. It's an indoor edu-entertainment theme park MINUS the computer games, carousel, roller-coaster!

It’s in CurveNX, Mutiara Damansara, Petaling Jaya, beside IKEA and connected via SkyBridge from the Curve. As you turn into Jalan PJU 7/2, the Curve is on your left and IPC (Ikano Power Centre)/IKEA on your right. Further down, right after Curve, you will see TESCO,  on your left and just directly opposite is Kidzania, ahead to the right. You won't miss it!

The nose of a plane of AirAsia juts out of the side of the building.





(The location map to the Kidzania, Kuala Lumpur, is provided below further down the page)

This is the 9th set-up in the world, after Tokyo (2006), Jakarta (2007) and Seoul (2010) in Asia. It has just opened its doors on 28th Feb last month.

You can opt to purchase the tickets online with credit cards or Paypal, which I did so I needn't queue for the tickets at the counters in the Lobby.

AIRPORT

(pic from nst.com.my)

But, as it was the school holidays...this is the crowd! I was a little put off but I have paid for an afternoon of fun...

part of the loooonnnnng queue at the escalator to upper Level

Each kid and parent will be given a wristlet and scanned when entering the Kidzania, the wristlet allows parents to locate their kid at any one time within the premises via radio frequency, so parents, don't worry, you kid will not get lost here.

Kids checking into Kidzania

Upon checking into Kidzania, each kid will be given a cheque for 50KidZos (the currency in this economy!) 

1st stop, cashing the cheque at CIMB Bank for 50KidZos...see the happy faces!







This the Kidzania city...it occupies 2 levels of the building with built up of 80,000 sq feet space, staffed with Zupervisors to guide the kids. Parents are NOT allowed to participate or take part in this, or enter the designated areas. 


around the city



little policemen keeping the street safe


(AirAsia) - but the queue was very long..had to wait an hour here :-(

aspiring pilots and flight attendants

briefing in progress

cockpit
(pic from nst.com.my)
Flight simulation - parents aren't allowed in to take pics

aspiring surgeons in operating theatre

paramedic

this ambulance is driven by a Zupervisor with little paramedics on board, comes complete with strobe light and sirens...how real can you get :-)


Your kid may just be interested in this career if they have been following closely, HK's Drama Forensic Heroes or CSI... cool!

centre for crime investigation

painters - messy!

justice

building construction

window-washing - kids earning 8 kidZos

pay 10Kidzos to get your driving licence here

poslaju courier services and TNB servicemen

car service

shopping with earned KidZos...yep, spend your earning on some toys, and if you don't enough KidZos, go earn some :-)

radio DJs

recreational - wall climbing with safety harness and helmets

tis fire engine moves too, comes complete with the exciting siren... :-)

little firemen attending briefing session

tis is REAL fun! REAL water... hehe...kids love playing as firemen ....:-))
Tis is probably the most exciting career there! :-)


pics of some of your kids may be taken by in-house photographers which you can purchase in 6R-size at RM20 at Sony Photo Centre...a scan of your kid's wristlet will display their pics

The last task at any establishment is 30 mins before closing time, so the kids can finish up, get your pics at Sony or purchase souvenirs. If you have any KidZos left, keep them for your next visit.

Yes, Max said to me, "Mom, can I come again?" and, "Next time, I'll go for other tasks before going for the AirAsia, the queue was just too long!"

Make sure you keep your kids tummy full before entering and there're plenty of snack food sold in there, ensure they are continuously fed 'cos my Max was having too much fun to eat! :-)


Actually I brought along a book with me just in case I got too bored while the little guy's having fun but I didn't get to read a single line. The kids were just too cute...here, you'll see kids listening attentively and concentrating hard on their tasks or chores. Some parents were amazed that their kids were so 'helpful' and 'diligent in carrying out the chore' when it's the opposite back home... haha! :-))


Here are some additional info...or you can visit the Kidzania Malaysia 

The opening hours are as follows:


Monday – Friday
Single Session              10:00am - 5:00pm

Saturday, Sunday, Public Holidays and School Holidays
Morning Session           10:00am till 3:00pm
Afternoon Session         4:00pm till 9:00pm

Fees/Charges


Baby, age 0-1                              Free
Toddlers, age 2-3                        RM35
Kid (Malaysian), age 4-17            RM55
Kid (International), age 4-7         RM75
Adult (Malaysian), age 18-59       RM35
Adult (International), age 18-59   RM50
Senior, age 60+                           RM30

Here is the location map to the place.


View KidZania Kuala Lumpur in a larger map

KidZania Kuala Lumpur


Rakan Riang Sdn Bhd,
Level 9 Menara UAC,
12 Jalan PJU 7/5, Mutiara Damansara,
47810 Petaling Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia.
T+ 1300 88 KIDZ (5439)
F+ 603 7839 9488
Econtact@kidzania.com.my
Click here to view the map on Google


Parking in CurveNX is reasonable, @RM2.00 on a weekday.

Don’t forget to check out Kidzania the next school holidays or the weekend.





Rita

3 comments:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Anita. I live in UK London and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 U.S. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Anita, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com)Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com)Thank you


    LOAN APPLICATION FORM:
    =================
    Full Name:................
    Loan Amount Needed:.
    Purpose of loan:.......
    Loan Duration:..
    Gender:.............
    Marital status:....
    Location:..........
    Home Address:..
    City:............
    Country:......
    Phone:..........
    Mobile / Cell:....
    Occupation:......
    Monthly Income:....

    Contact Us At :urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete