Thursday, May 13, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

I received an email a couple of days ago and thought of sharing with you...

FOR ALL THE MUMS, 
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! 
  
For some of us, we may be biological mothers for our children, but a mother’s roles are greater than this – we can also be emotional mothers and spiritual mothers,  because a mother is one who exhibits loves and cares for others, if you have done this to anyone (adults or children), happy mothers’ day ! 



Awesome Mom 

Before I was a Mom,
 
I never tripped over toys
 
or forgot words to a lullaby.
 
I didn't worry whether or not
 
my plants were poisonous.
 
I never thought about immunizations.


Before I was a Mom,
 
I had never been puked on.
 
Pooped on.
 
Chewed on.
 
Peed on.
 
I had complete control of my mind
 
and my thoughts.
 
I slept all night
.

Before I was a Mom,
 
I never held down a screaming child
 
so doctors could do tests.
 
Or give shots.
 
I never looked into teary eyes and cried.
 
I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin.
 
I never sat up late hours at night
 
watching a baby sleep
. 

Before I was a Mom,
 
I never held a sleeping baby just because
 
I didn't want to put her down.
 
I never felt my heart break into a million pieces
 
when I couldn't stop the hurt.
 
I never knew that something so small
 
could affect my life so much.
 
I never knew that I could love someone so much.
 
I never knew I would love being a Mom
. 


Before I was a Mom, 
I didn't know the feeling of
 
having my heart outside my body..
 
I didn't know how special it could feel
 
to feed a hungry baby.
 
I didn't know that bond
 
between a mother and her child.
 
I didn't know that something so small
 
could make me feel so important and happy
. 

Before I was a Mom,
 
I had never gotten up in the middle of the night
 
every 10 minutes to make sure all was okay.
 
I had never known the warmth,
 
the joy,
 
the love,
 
the heartache,
 
the wonderment
 
or the satisfaction of being a Mom.
 
I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much,
 


before I was a MOM


I was very moved and touched by these words. Marriage and motherhood has made my life more WHOLE. I've felt more than I thought I could ever feel for another...I've experienced more joy, happiness, challenges, pain and responsibilities.


I thank God for these... 


For all MOTHERS out there, I salute you on this very special day for all your pain and your tears and for making your loved ones so special.


2 comments:

  1. Amazing! I love your beautiful thoughts on being a MOM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adelina

    I'm glad to know you share my thoughts :-)

    ReplyDelete